Destruction

Resto Does Lore

Restobear
    Admin
    Admin

Resto Does Lore

Post  Restobear on Tue Sep 22, 2009 2:10 am

On the off chance any of you people give a damn about why we kill bosses except for OMG EPIC LOOT PURPELZ RAWR!!!!LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL Roflcopter! I've decided to make a lore thread where you can question and discuss different aspects about the lore in this game.

Also for those interested in getting into the lore but don't know where to look.
    http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/info/story/index.html
    Gives you a nice background as well as a list of the books and games to go to for more info(please note the rpg books are one of the most unreliable sources of lore so please don't take them as cannon if another source conflicts).
    http://wcradio.com/shows/64-But-Wait-There-s-Lore-
    A radio show/podcast I listen to, this is a very good source of info in my opinion with a good amount of discussion as well as sources for the topics discussed.
    http://www.wowwiki.com/Portal:Main
    A decent supplement to the lore and a nice mind rememberer for parts, but please note this is a wiki so some things are incorrect and to take it with a grain of salt.

Lastly of course we have this thread. Nough said really.

Last edited by Restobear on Mon Oct 19, 2009 2:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Clarify
    Admin
    Admin

Here comes a rant

Post  Clarify on Tue Sep 22, 2009 2:13 am

How do you feel about the upcoming Troll Druid with next Xpac?
    Restobear
    Admin
    Admin

Re: Resto Does Lore

Post  Restobear on Tue Sep 22, 2009 7:18 am

Achimu wrote:How do you feel about the upcoming Troll Druid with next Xpac?

Believe it or not there is actually a good amount of lore supporting the idea of Trolls being druids. For starters if you've ever done Zul'gurub, Gundrak, Zul'aman, or quested in Zul'farak you will note that the trolls worship animal like gods. These gods are called lowa by the trolls. Troll high priests can actually shape shift into the avatars of these lowa which would explain a troll druid being able to shape shift. For those that don't know in order for a druid to shape shift he must first gain the acceptence of the animal representative of that animal form much like a troll and there lowa. GASP! A connection! Also Trolls have been known to work with nature and could easily be taught the ways of the druid much like the Night Elfs and Tauren were.

TL:DR version Troll druids are viable in the lore.

Nursultan
    Peasent
    Peasent

Very interesting

Post  Nursultan on Tue Sep 22, 2009 8:27 am

Hmm I see pleas post more lore up or link meh!
    Restobear
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Restobear on Tue Sep 22, 2009 10:40 am

I know a lot about the lore so any questions you got I'll answer to the best of my abilities or I'll point in the direction of where to get them, also if you guys need references I will give those to.... Yea I'm a nerd.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Nov 22, 2018 7:46 pm