Destruction

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Destruction

3 posters

Resto's Amazing Calculation Emporium

Restobear
    Restobear
    Admin
    Admin

Resto's Amazing Calculation Emporium Empty Resto's Amazing Calculation Emporium

Post  Restobear Mon Oct 05, 2009 12:17 pm

So while I'm sitting in math class I on occasion get bored and crunch some numbers and attempt to figure out different talent builds, stat conversions, set bonus's improvement, etc. As such I'll be posting some of the information I gather here on the off chance that it may help you people. If there is anything specific you would like me to analyze please post here or if you have any theorycrafting of your own you may post it here or anywhere else in the theorycrafting category of this forum.

My first Annalist is of Molten Armor
    Acronym key
    MA-Molten Armor
    MAG-Molten Armor with Glyph
    MAT9- Molten Armor with 2/5 T9 set bonus
    MAGT9- Molten Armor with Glyph and 2/5 T9 set bonus

MA:Causes 170 fire damage when hit(irrelevant to what we are attempting to accomplish but good to note) Reduces chance to be critically hit by 5% (almost makes the mage crit immune) Only one type of armor can be active (semi-relevent) Increases critical strike rating by 35% of spirit (main thing we want to focus on).

Now although only that last bit was relevant to us I put the full description there becuase I'm trying to both make sure all my work is shown and so that none mages can follow along

MA by it's self grants 35% of spirit as Critical Strike Rating.
    1 * 35% = .35
    therefore
    1 spirit = .35 crit rating
    as of this post 45.9 crit rating is required for 1% chance to crit
    45.9 / .35 = 131.14
    So by this calculation in this form 131.14 spirit is required for you to gain 1% crit from MA

MAGgrants 55% of spirit as crit rating due to the base of 35% and the glyphs additional 20%
    1 * 55% = .55
    1 spirit = .55 crit rating
    45.9 / .55 = 83.45 with the .45 repeating
    So by this calculation in this form 83.45(repeating) spirit is required for a 1% chance to crit

MAT9 grants 50% of spirit as crit rating due to a 35% conversion from MA and a 15% from T9 2/5 set bonus
    1 * 50% = .5
    1 spirit = .5 crit rating
    45.9 / .5 = 91.8
    So by this calculation in this form 91.8 spirit is required for 1% chance to crit

MAGT9 grants 70% of spirit as crit rating due to 35% conversion from MA, 20% from Glyph, and 15% from T9 2/5 set bonus
    1 * 70% = .7
    1 spirit = .7 crit rating
    45.9 / .7 = 65.57
    So by this calculation 65.57 spirit is required for 1% chance to crit

TL:DR version
    MA-131.14 conversion
    MAG-83.45(repeating) conversion
    MAT9-91.8 conversion
    MAGT9-65.57 conversion
    Frostpimp
    Frostpimp

Resto's Amazing Calculation Emporium Empty Re: Resto's Amazing Calculation Emporium

Post  Frostpimp Tue Oct 06, 2009 7:32 am

and that is exactly the reason i went to you for that exact question haha....if anyone else has questions similar to this and like myself way too lazy to actually figure em out urself, this is where ur gunna wana post em!!!....Brilliant Forest, thank you
    Restobear
    Restobear
    Admin
    Admin

Resto's Amazing Calculation Emporium Empty Re: Resto's Amazing Calculation Emporium

Post  Restobear Tue Oct 06, 2009 8:06 am

Anytime Frost.\, and yes people he is right. Number crunching and math have always been both a specialty of mine and a hobby (yes I'm a nerd) so if you have any questions about your class I will analyze them to the best of my abilities.
    amentet
    amentet
    Guardian
    Guardian

Post  amentet Thu Nov 12, 2009 4:12 am

I got a migraine just from trying to read all that

btw my math class starts in 4 wks... u ever get bored i have some hw u can do Smile

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 10, 2024 10:46 am